The day has arrived.
Today, I travel north for an hour or so, and will enter a 28 day residential treatment program.
It's also been 28 days since my last drink.
I'm apprehensive, anxious, and cautiously hopeful and expectant.
I'm also very grateful:
- For a chance to work intensively for 28 days on getting and staying sober
- For the focus of this particular program on identifying the core issues and how to face them and finding and utilizing appropriate coping tools and methods
- For my pastor's enthusiastic and very real support of my entering this program
- For my husband's unwavering love and support
- For a chance to start over
- For my sponsor
- For my family
- For my friends
- For my sweet kitty, Boots, who's slept with me for the past week (he knows something's up!)
- For the speaker's story this past Saturday
- For all of you, my awesome blogging peeps
- For Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesounds, and for my MP3 player
Love you all. MUAH!!!! (((((mucho hugs)))))