Tuesday, May 08, 2007

28 Days

Well, this is it, folks.

The day has arrived.

Today, I travel north for an hour or so, and will enter a 28 day residential treatment program.

It's also been 28 days since my last drink.

I'm apprehensive, anxious, and cautiously hopeful and expectant.

I'm also very grateful:
  • For a chance to work intensively for 28 days on getting and staying sober

  • For the focus of this particular program on identifying the core issues and how to face them and finding and utilizing appropriate coping tools and methods

  • For my pastor's enthusiastic and very real support of my entering this program

  • For my husband's unwavering love and support

  • For a chance to start over

  • For my sponsor

  • For my family

  • For my friends

  • For my sweet kitty, Boots, who's slept with me for the past week (he knows something's up!)

  • For the speaker's story this past Saturday

  • For all of you, my awesome blogging peeps

  • For Justin Timberlake's Futuresex/Lovesounds, and for my MP3 player
Y'all will still be here when I get back, won't you?

Love you all. MUAH!!!! (((((mucho hugs)))))

19 comments:

ArahMan7 said...

I wish you all the best, DG. You're on the right track and I shall be here waiting for your return.

Unknown said...

Of course we'll be here.
God bless you and I'll pray for you to have God's grace.

Mary Christine said...

We will be here. Wishing you the best. Take Good Care and God Bless You.

Trudging said...

Oh I am so glad you are getting to go to treatment. When I came in it was common but, now you have to sell your first born to go. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pammie said...

Not going anywhere sweetie pie.

Anonymous said...

May you discover so much and more! Courage, don't forget that you have this wonderful entity ok.

dAAve said...

Do your homework on time and don't let the dog eat it.
I'll be here waiting.

Carly said...

You'll be in my prayers, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I've just recently stumbled on your blog. I want to thank you for your honesty and wish you lots of luck and success in treatment. I was blessed to be able to go to treatment, too. It got me sober...now AA keeps me sober. Hugs....

Mary Christine said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are still here - still thinking about you too. Hope you are doing well.

Recovery Road London said...

I hope all is well and you're well.

)))HUG(((

(((HUG)))

Redhead Gal said...

I am sending you prayers and best wishes. 28 days to focus on recovery...sounds great to me!

Recovery Road London said...

Hope all is going well for you, sweetie.

:-)

x

Scott W said...

Can't wait to read about your experience.

Shadow said...

good luck. tell us all about it...

Recovery Road London said...

Hello. :-) Hope you're well.

x

Shadow said...

just popped in, hope you're doing good...

Mary Christine said...

You'll be back soon I am thinking. Can't wait to hear from you. XXXOOO

Trudging said...

Hey, I am still thinking about you, are you back yet.