WOW! Are those words ever true.
The Promises. Into Action.
They are coming true for me, and I'm nowhere NEAR halfway through!
Today, I have 9 and a half months sober and recovering, and I'm once again a productive, contributing member of society! Who knew?!
Last week, I heard from my sponsor about someone else in our Monday night meeting who needed a part-time receptionist, and by Friday, I'd talked to her about the position, updated and submitted my resume, interviewed, was offered and accepted the job! I started my new job this past Monday, and I LOVE it. I love having the structure in my life. I love feeling like I'm part of something and am able to contribute positively to a team effort. And I love saying things like, "I'll stop by the grocery store on the way home from work."
Life is good.
On top of this good news, my therapist (who is AWESOME) has made time in her schedule to see me on Saturday afternoons from now on.
- I'm connected to God (my Higher Power), and consciously make contact with Him every morning
- I have a JOB!
- I have a relationship with my husband, which is continuing to heal and grow
- I have friends inside and outside of the Program
- I have a closer relationship with my family
- I have the most amazing sponsor
- I have an awesome therapist
- I have peace and serenity which used to elude me
- I trust God with my future instead of needing to control it, or fear it