Thursday, November 15, 2007

Not So Random

I've been meaning to post for days now. I keep having those little "aha moments" and think at the time "I have to journal this so I don't forget," but then I get busy or get distracted by something else, and I never get around to it.

I'm not recalling any specific moments right now, but just want to get this down on paper, or at least in a format that I can look back upon and remind myself, that the promises do begin to come true before we are halfway through the steps and that the gifts of the program and of my Higher Power whom I call God, are truly infinite.

I've been so scattered lately (the past few days) and I'm not sure why. I have a lot of energy, but it seems to be frenetic and I can't keep myself focused upon a given task without really consciously striving to do so. Yesterday, I found making myself a "to do" list and checking off each task as I accomplished it really helped me, not only to stay focused upon what I was doing, but in having a sense of purposeful consciousness.

At the end of the day, I hadn't completed everything, and in the past, I would have told myself how I sucked for not being perfect and getting everything done I'd intended. Instead, I was able to look at what I HAD completed, and the fact that the items ticked off far exceeded the items still to be done, and I felt really good about it, and about myself.

I have to remind myself again and again that I am not defined by what I do, that I am enough, just as I am, and I deserve to be and AM accepted and loved by God, just as I am today.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am getting back into the groove of things hence doing my best to catch up on blogs. I must confess that your blog is one I frequently check in. You have grown so much and it is refreshing as well as inspirational to read your posts.

Love yourself today :)

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Yes indeed, you are good just the way you are!

molly said...

I've been feeling like the ultimate procrastinator lately..

not being defined by what I do is tough for me :) I enjoy your blog. thanks for sharing!!

Shadow said...

it's good to know and see when one's actually done something, each little thing counts... i don't think anyone is nearly as terrible as we THINK we are. we are our own worst judge. have a good weekend!

dAAve said...

Every Day can't be a Doris Day.

Mary Christine said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to say hellooooo! I know you are busy with life and working your program. Whoo-Toot! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Looking forward to reading more about your journey and all of those wonderful Ah-Ha moments!

XOXO

Redhead Gal said...

It's the deserving part that I have trouble with...

really good post, thanks for sharing