Saturday, February 16, 2008

"The Time Has Come..."

...the Guru said
"To talk of many things:
Of hats--and shirts--and spam comments--
Of CafePress--and Kings--
And why water cost forty bucks
Just because it's called "Bling."

Seriously, folks; this is not a terribly serious post. I AM frustrated with a certain person posting his unwanted comments, but short of moderating comments, there's little I can do except continue to ignore them. He has his opinions and his agenda, and obviously he thinks any of us who "buy into" the AA Program are unredeemable sinners going straight to hell. Okay, I know I'm giving him way too much attention here, which will undoubtedly throw fuel on his fire, but I personally HAVE a relationship with God, and depend upon Him for my recovery, so I don't know why I've been singled out for this person's crusade. If I DON'T end up where I think I will when I die, I'll be surprised, but at least I'll probably be in a different place than him, so it's all good.

On to the second item. Are you proud of your sobriety? Do you want to declare that you're in recovery to the world? Okay, well in light of the fact that we're Alcoholics ANONYMOUS, probably not. But, to wear to AA meetings or events, or just around the house, there are some pretty cool sober T-Shirts, hats etc. out there online at CafePress. They range from poignant to cute to serious to humorous to shocking; in other words, something for everyone! Here's my personal favorite, which I'd never have the guts to actually wear to a meeting, and here's the one I'm actually going to order!

And, last but not least... in the what will they think of next? category: seriously, people—$40 for a bottle of freakin' water??? Oh, BlingH20 also has some in PLASTIC bottles (no bling) for ONLY $24 a case! Wow -- that's a deal at twice the price!

I don't think so.

Well, at least not yet.

8 comments:

Shadow said...

...had to just explain to other people here why i laughed out loud at a computer screen.... suffice it to say i like your personal favourite t-shirt...

and that person you're referring to? that's why i have comment moderation. now i don't even have to read them before i delete them. but irritating they still are. the likes of him just leave an icky taste in one's mouth....

dAAve said...

I like both the shirts. LOL

I am often reminded in many ways by many people that ...
some are sicker than others. I am also reminded that we are all children of our own HP. Every time I read the person to whom you refer, I am grateful.
But for the grace of God ...

Scott W said...

I think you should wear your personal favorite shirt. Why be coy? LOL!

Sorry you have been Mickeyed.

Michael said...

Just popped in, you was reccomended by Shadow, my long lost sister, I know who you mean by that guy who loves lecturing everybody how we in AA are all agents of the devil.
Talking of T-shirts I have been designing my own business card

Sam said...

Hey there! I'm Sam, one of the many who Micky graced in his list. Please pardon my putting the same comment on your site that I've put on so many others.

I've copied his list (with some omission of content!) and posted in on my site, www.raanch.com. You might want to take a look, for there are 82 blogs listed there. You're bound to find a new friend to follow. Also, I'm offering to everyone the code to put the same list in a post on their site. Lastly, there's a non-link to Micky's site, where folks can post a thank you to him for his service. After all, he really helped us out by compiling this list!

Take good care!
Sam

Anonymous said...

OMG I need that shirt when I do my coffee commitments, seriously!

I sit back and laugh at how much energy is wasted by that commenter. It is good to laugh. Geez!

40 bucks for water, holy cow. Maybe it was baptized by someone special?

I wanna know how the shirt response goes (the 2nd one that is :)

sincerelysober said...

I know someone who I like to give your favorite shirt to.


Thanks,


Without Wax,

Sincerely Sober

Shadow said...

happy easter !