Friday, November 19, 2010

Please Pray

I'm leading our 5:30 meeting this afternoon.  As usual, I'm putting WAAAAY too much thought into this - how I'm going to do it, what I'm going to do and say, what I should wear, whether I should I wash my hair, or if it would be good to take in some "visuals," etc., etc. ad nauseum

Please pray that I will be STILL and LISTEN for the words my HP wants me to speak.

Please pray that I will not feel I have to speak, but that I can instead allow others who NEED to speak do so.

Please pray that I'll focus on the people there, and the purpose for which we're there, instead of on my own insecurities.

Please pray that I don't try to make this about me, either in my own head, or (especially!) in the meeting.

Please pray that I will be humble, transparent and teachable, that I will be a vessel for the wisdom that comes from that One in whom I've placed my trust and hope.

Please pray that I will be sensitive and compassionate, especially to anyone who is struggling, and especially to the newcomer.

Please pray that I will grow through this experience, but that my pride and ego won't.

Please pray.  God knows I need all the help I can get!

5 comments:

JeremyRT said...

I go through that every time I lead a meeting, then I remember I am a vessel, my looks, words & thoughts don't matter as they come from elsewhere

Pam Jarnagin said...

Amen! Putting it into words let me realize how ridiculous and self-absorbed I was being. It went fine, but I had to get out of the way first! Thanks, Jeremy!! :D

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Hi ya PJ..
Hope you are doing well.

Sober Julie said...

What great timing for me to come across your blog, I'm leading our Christmas Gratitude meeting and have been stressing too much on what I would say....not anymore.
Thanks!

Seth said...

Hey! Just looking for a little on line support and I saw your blog. I will be back.