Thursday, September 14, 2006

First HNT

Before Pedi: Kinda Gnarly

After Pedi: Shiny and New


This is my very first post to HNT. I decided to treat myself to a pedicure (and a manicure, as well) as a reward for being good to me and staying sober this week. I figure that I'll come out ahead in the end, as together the mani and pedi were $30.00, plus a $5.00 tip (I know, I know — I way over-tip!), since the most I'll have it done is every 3 weeks, and I was spending MINIMALLY $15.00 a week on booze (and that would be a "light" week).

I'm going to try to think up some other little rewards and treats for myself, too. I think it will make the initial part of this gig a little easier. This way, I'll know that since I'm choosing to give up alcohol, I'm choosing something else that is good for me, not just in an abstract sense, but an actual object or activity I can look forward to each week. Please give me any ideas you have for rewards, treats, etc. They can be material rewards (not exceeding $15.00 a week), or something more along the lines of reading a good book, a walk on the beach, etc.

Hey, I think I'm on to something! This sobriety thing could actually be kinda fun!! ;)

3 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

And what a fine first post it was too! I'm not a foot fetishest, but I could make an exception. Lol. Kidding.

:-)

Anonypus said...

My minimal cost of drinking in a week: $70.00 - I'm afraid to do the actual math for over the years.

I buy myself some fancy, expensive cheese each week LOL

Unknown said...

Wow,I have no clue what I spent a week. I would have lost track after the first drink!

And this sobriety thing can be really really fun and really really cool! Hang in there to find out! :)