Monday, October 02, 2006

Incredibly Awesome Gratitude

Don't know why, but I'm hitting the wall. I usually do this at 14 days or so, but today is Day 23, so don't know what's up with that.

I don't want to drink, and I'm not going to drink. Just being honest about where I'm at emotionally. I think I've been on somewhat of a pink cloud for the past 3 weeks, and reality is just coming back into focus a bit.

I'm feeling overwhelmed, because I have basically not unpacked any more boxes since 3 1/2 weeks ago. I thought I'd tackle the unpacking situation this morning, and I'm realizing why I originally got overwhelmed and stopped.

Only, I did it by retreating into a bottle last time, and this time, that is NOT AN OPTION! I think we're going to have to bite the bullet and pay for storage. The house is just too small, and there is NO WHERE to put anything.

Okay, I think a gratitude list would help my attitude and outlook, SO...

Today, I am grateful for:

  • My incredibly awesome sponsor, and the fact that I like her and connect with her, and that she's got me working the steps.

  • My incredibly awesome husband and his support of my efforts to get this sobriety thing going.

  • My incredibly awesome blogging friends (yeah, YOU!!), including Tampa Realtor, who is celebrating 30 Days Sober today!!! Please go over and say "hello" and congratulate him on this accomplishment.

  • My incredibly awesome HP who is giving me the strength today to turn over to him the things that are too difficult for me to do alone.
Now, remind me — exactly WHY was I down in the dumps?? :P :D

11 comments:

Jen R. said...

Keep going! Take time to pray to your higher power, and remember how depressed we become when drinking..it's not worth it.

Keep your focus on today:)

dAAve said...

You're doing just fine.
And you can do the unpacking, ONE BOX AT A TIME! LOL
(they don't all have to be done today)

Pam Jarnagin said...

ROFL!!! Tab, you're a hoot!! I think I might need to make the image smaller, though, and put it over the sidebar, rather than the posting area. I had to cut it into 6 pieces because the file was so large, and I'd rather just have one, or at the most, 2 pieces. Still working on it.

Carly said...

LOVE the new bloggy look! I like playing with designs and colors and other creative stuff I can get instant results from when I'm overwhelmed.

Yep, one box at a time!

Last night a woman from the treatment center said her relapses happen when she's overwhelmed ... and this time she's learning to ask for help.

Have you heard of Freecycle.org? Might be a good opportunity to purge stuff you no longer need?

Alcoholic Brain said...

I really like the new page layout too. Feeling down in the dumps is normal for us. The neat thing is we know how to get out of that in other ways rather than picking up a drink! Way to go!

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

You are doing just fine! Remember, no matter what, you don't have to pick up a drink. This too shall pass!

Best wishes and prayers...

istanbulwitch said...

I was only trying to get a logical answer to the question of addiction. I wasn't trying to turn your comments section into a debate forum, it just happened because I posted an important question people like to deny.
I have my own blog to do whatever I please. And I don't think AA is good enough (at least for intelligent and logical enough people like me) just because it hasn't really solved the religion question yet. It relies on it. Religion is shaky ground to rely on at its best.

Anonymous said...

Hold on tight, Designer Girl. The beginning is the hardest! But you will never have to face "the beginning" again if you never take another drink. You're doing great. Keep posting!

istanbulwitch said...

Check out my latest post on my blog and you'll know more about what I think about A.A.

Mary Christine said...

Thanks so much for your very kind comments on my blog. And hang in there. Putting sober days together is a good thing.

Pam Jarnagin said...

Istanbulwitch: Yeah, kinda hard to do when you've deleted the post. I think it shows a degree of cowardice for you to come and leave comments on MY blog, and then when I respond to a post that you've ASKED ME TO READ on your blog, you delete the damn post. So just stay away, unless you can play nice, okay?