Wednesday, October 04, 2006

half-nAAked alter ego

I took this picture of Boots trying out his new kitty window/door right after we installed it. When I viewed the photos later, I was struck by the fact that he is half inside and half outside, and how that seemed to mirror where I had been for the past year in my attempts at sobriety. I wanted to "try it out," but not to make a full commitment. I was stuck on the inside of a prison of my own making, but too fearful of what lay beyond, outside of my alcoholic comfort zone, to go all the way through the door.


Now, I've finally found the courage to step through the door, but I'm still cautious, just standing on the ledge and surveying the landscape, getting my bearings, making sure that when I jump, I'll land on my feet.

To see more half-nAAked pics, click here.

3 comments:

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Good for you! Keep on doing the deal! Cute freaking cat!! I need to post some pictures with my blog... would totally probably make it more interesting.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cool! I didn't know they made "kitty windows". That's a great idea!

And that's an awesome observation -- halfway in & halfway out. I remember those days ...

Gooey Munster said...

Hey I LOOOOVE the new look. I love your newfound outlook as well! It is fresh, inspiring and is the nucleus of the program = HOPE!

Your kitty (I call all cats of all ages kitties) is so darn cute. Your HNT pics totally catch my eye, loving it all!