Friday, October 06, 2006

Thank Goodness It's Friday

Today is Friday and I'm thankful and grateful for:
  • Beautiful, cooler and drier weather.

  • The opportunity to live in a friendly community with tons of AA meetings to choose from.

  • The absolutely gorgeous full moon at sunset tonight.

  • God's revelation of himself through nature.

  • The ability I have today to choose not to drink, even when life gets a little tougher.

  • 27 days sober, and without a hangover!

  • The opportunity to serve this month in my home group, by making coffee for the Tuesday meeting, and at my Sunday women's group, also by making coffee.

  • The renewed affection and appreciation my husband and I have for one another, since I've made a serious commitment to getting sober.

  • The support my husband gives me in working for my sobriety.

  • The new friends I've found in the meetings here.

  • That K., a delightfully young-at-heart oldtimer in my home group celebrates his 45th sobriety birthday tomorrow!

  • Blogging fellows and fellowettes, and the support and encouragement we both give and receive.

  • dAAve's reminder that I only need to unpack one box a day!! :D

  • Tomorrow is Saturday, which means... WAFFLES!!!

9 comments:

Jen R. said...

Thanks for your lists...they remind me of what to be grateful for and that I need to make waffles tomorrow morning!

Love Wonder Woman:)

Mary Christine said...

Waffles? I'll be right over!

Anonymous said...

Great gratitude list! The waffles sound so good ... I should make some too :P

Recovery Road London said...

Waffles! Waffles! Waffles!

27 days. A day at a time.

Keep on keepin' on and take it easy, hon. :-)

K .x.

Carly said...

I love you, DG. You are doing GOOD. P.S. Can I come over for waffles?!?

Pam Jarnagin said...

Yes, everyone's welcome!!! Might better bring a jug of syrup, though. We're getting kind of low.
LOL

istanbulwitch said...

you are a very big asshole. you'll never get anywhere in your stupid little life. you'll die as a big asshole. Probably a rectum cancer will get you down.
That disease will be the summary of your life but you won't even get it because your brain is not smart enough.

lash505 said...

Congrads on your 30 days that is huge...fuck that bitch in the post above.

Pam Jarnagin said...

Thanks so much, Lash (on both counts!).