Monday, November 20, 2006

After Awhile, Crocodile

Just a VERY short note to let y'all know I'm doing fine. Just needed a little time to sort things out, regain perspective, etc. Thank you so much to those of you who emailed me, sharing your love and concern. I realized more than ever the very real power and love we share in these virtual rooms.

I'm on Day 72, and going strong. Actually had a day (Saturday) where I never ONCE even thought about alcohol in any capacity, and only realized it the next day (yesterday). This gives me a vast amount of hope that in the future, with years of sobriety under my belt, that may be the norm, rather than the exception. Of course, I have to balance the desire and goal for "normal" days with the need to remain always vigilant and purposeful in pursuing, maintaining, and building my sobriety.

I probably won't post much for a while, as things are going to be very hectic here for the next few weeks (my parents are coming for Thanksgiving for starters!!! :D), but I'll try to check in at least once a week just to let y'all know I'm okay.

13 comments:

Carly said...

{{{ hugs }}}

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

You had me worried about you for a while!! Please be safe this holiday season and be sure to provide your self with "escape routes" if needed. You are doing so well!

;)

Anonymous said...

NIce to see you DG! I missed your nice HNT pictures while you were away....

dAAve said...

That's all great, just don't forget your meetings. That's the foundation that must not be cracked.

Gooey Munster said...

OMG your title to follow up is so cute!!! Have a wonderful Holiday season upcoming.

Big Ole Hugs and some chocolate (can't go wrong with chocolate :)

Trudging said...

I am glad that you are back posting if even once in a while.

Unknown said...

I am glad things are OK and can so understand needing to clear the head. Have a wonderfully sober Thanksgiving!

Luv and hugs,
GwenR~

Anonymous said...

hope you're having a relaxing long weekend DG! i hear waffles go very well with turkey you know...

Anonymous said...

Many hugs to ya, girl. Take it easy, and have a Happy Thanksgiving :)

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for posting. It really gave me the creeps when I went to your blog last week and you were just gone.

Amerynthe said...

So pleased to see you back posting!

Hope you have a great - if busy! - few weeks over the holidays and I look forward to hearing how you're doing. Remember, I'm lagging 10 days behind you and I don't want to catch up (or widen the gap!) No pressure!

A Tampa Realtor commented on making sure you have an 'escape route' through the holidays and that's very good advice. I think I need to start planning mine - preparation is everything!

Take care xxx

Recovery Road London said...

Hiya

as time goes on, most days become days when life is so full - good stuff and life stuff and tough stuff all together - that booze doesn't even enter into it. Honest. No kidding.

Take it easy.

:-)

x

Gooey Munster said...

Wishing you and your loved ones a beautiful Holiday weekend.