Monday, November 27, 2006

Day 79 and All's Fine

Just checking in, again.

Had a great Thanksgiving, and a wonderful time with my parents. We did the whole tourist thing. On Saturday, we went to Butterfly World, and my mother and I were in heaven.

Now, you have to understand that I am C-R-A-Z-Y about butterflies, butterfly gardening, butterfly-themed china, etc. When we moved to South Florida earlier this year, my hubby let me give away our old stoneware and get new all-occasion china that I've been wanting for yearsButterfly Meadow by Lenox. (Yes, I know it's sickeningly girly and frou-frou, but I'm a girl, dammit, so shut up and leave me the f*** alone!)

But, I digress.

Of course, I went ahead and bought an annual pass. This is a haven I can visit as often as 2 or 3 times a month if I need or want to, since it's only 25 minutes away. Realistically, I see myself taking a "spirit break" there at least every other month! I brought home a beautiful Lady Margaret passion flower vine to put into one of my mosaic-tiled pots I brought back from Haiti. I'll take a photo once I get it transplanted and post it.

My parents are non-drinkers (except for the VERY occasional glass of wine—maybe once a year, or even less), so alcohol was a non-issue. Of course, they don't know I'm in the program yet, and I haven't figured out when a good time to clue them in would be, since they didn't know I'd developed a problem with alcohol.

*Sigh*

When the time is right, I'll know, and I'll be okay with telling them, but it really didn't seem to be the right time during this visit.

That's about it for now. Hope everyone had a happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Howdy there!

I had a fabulous Thanksgiving myself, and my parents aren't really clued into my AA thing either. My step-mom even offered me a beer, at which point my brother, who knows about it, said "Jonathan gave up drinking!" And I was like "yea, I don't drink any more, but thanks for the offer!"

Any how, my family never saw me drink, and had no clue. To them, I am a complete success. So, yea, same issue.

Jonathan

Gooey Munster said...

You love butterflies. In essence you are one. The process of how a butterfly evolves into a beautiful colorful creature. It then is free, free to fly thru the air with no weight to burden it.

Thanks for letting us know how your Holiday went. The tourist thing with the parents sounds too cool! :)