Friday, December 08, 2006

90 Days!

It's finally here.

The big Nine-Oh.

I've been looking ahead to it for so long now, and now that it's here, I actually had to remind myself that it had arrived.

Funny.

When I was approaching 30 days, I was soooo excited and energized, thinking I was ready to take on the world.

At 60 days, I was gritting my teeth, wondering why it even mattered.

Now, here at 90 days, I feel quiet satisfaction in having attained this once-impossible goal, but I also realize how tenuous and fragile my newfound sobriety is, and how difficult the road is that stretches before me.

I am resigned to continuing to follow it. I really do know my life is better without alcohol, even though at times, the lure of numbing my emotions is still there. I am acquiring tools and skills which equip me to fight the urges, and deal with my raw emotions, though, and these are crucial to living life as it is and will be.

Occasionally, I experience joy, and even serenity. These fruits sustain me, and make me hungry for more, which I know will come, if I continue my journey.

I treasure the friends I've made, and continue to make along the way. I invite you all to celebrate with me today!

13 comments:

Recovery Road London said...

90 days. :-)

A little very heavy metal, Judas Priest styleeeeeeee methinks:

"Making a curve or taking the strain

On the decline, or out on the wain

Oh everybody breaks down sooner or later

We'll put it to rights, we'll square up and mend

Back on your feet to take the next bend!

You'll weather every storm that's coming atcha!"

You rock, baby!

(((hug)))

K .x.

twodogsblogging said...

Hang in there! It gets better, or at least different!

JJ said...

Awesome stuff! You rock and keep up the good work.
JJ

Carly said...

You did it! Give yourself a well-earned hug, girlie. You did it.

Gooey Munster said...

Just for today, hAAppy 90 days!!!! I am honored to be celebrating with you. It is a we thing :) Happy Friday.

Sorry about the visitor :) Blah.

Unknown said...

Now you are rockin'. Congratulations!!!

Read Appendix II of the Big Book. You are ready!!!

dAAve said...

This is wonderful! Congrats!
I must admit that 3 months ago I had my doubts. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
The road ahead does NOT have to be difficult. It's all what you make of it.

lash505 said...

For me the 1st 90 days have been the hardest so far in my sobriety. That is huge Huge HUGE. congrads I have doubts everyday about daave...lol he needs to get off his pink cloud.

Trudging said...

(-:

Scott W said...

Congratulations! You have just proven you can do it. It is just one day at a time.

Mary Christine said...

Congrats on 90. That is huge. Just make sure to show up for 91.

Sober @ Sundown said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 90 days! It's a tremendous accomplishment, so be proud. Enjoy the journey as much as the goal :)