Friday, December 08, 2006

Something to Celebrate

I went to my home group tonight to pick up my 90 Day chip.

It was awesome!

I was expecting...

I'm not sure.

Questions? Rejection? Accusations? Hostility?

You see, it had been about a month since I'd been to my home group.

I had been too ashamed to go back because of my long absence (a direct result of listening to the stupid, stupid disease voice), but made up my mind tonight to go because I WANTED THAT FREAKIN' 90 DAY CHIP, and also, I thought it was kinda selfish for me NOT to go and let my home group celebrate with me.

Seriously. Despite my recent prolonged absence, I wouldn't have made it to 90 days if not for them.

My sponsor was there, too. Everyone was absolutely fantastic, assuring me of their understanding, acceptance and genuine love. And, giving me some much needed ass-kicks, too. I definitely will endeavor NOT to fall into the trap of listening to that voice and not going to my fave meetings again.

The topic of tonight's meeting was living in the present, or staying in today.

It could not have been more appropriate for me, in light of my recent struggles. I shared, and told on myself, and how I've been struggling emotionally and even wanting to drink again (not in the past couple of days, but as recently as last Sunday, as I shared in previous posts), and how I realize that this has ALL been because I'm NOT living in the present or staying in today.

I've been romanticizing the past and projecting into the future.

No wonder I've been going nuts. What a catharsis! What a freakin' dumb-ass I've been!!!!

Okay, everyone together, now... 1, 2, 3... "We told you so!" :D

8 comments:

Alcoholic Brain said...

Just for today. Happy 90 days! Way to go!

Pammie said...

90 days is so awesome!! It is a HUGE milestone. You are doing the "work".....and your hard work is SHOWING !!!

Unknown said...

Happy 90 days to u
Happy 90 days to u
Happy 90 days dear Designer Girllllll
Happy 90 days toooooo uuuuuuu

*MUAH*
xoxoxox

Gweneee

Carly said...

Hey DG,

TAG you're it! Here are the rules: Each player of this game starts with the 6 Weird Things About You. People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 Weird Things as well as state this rule clearly. Have fun! :)

Mary Christine said...

Congrats on the 90 days. Let he /she who hasn't done dumb-shit-stuff cast the first stone. I don't think there will be any stones thrown.

Gooey Munster said...

I am so glad your homegroup loves you as they should love you. You say that you could not have done it without them. They need you too. When I see someone come back and pick up a a chip it enriches my recovery.

Anonymous said...

congrats and well done. just be sure i'll be japping at your ankles...

Unknown said...

"If you knew WHO walks beside you, all fear will drop!" - ACIM