Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Just Keep On Keepin' On

I've been so wrapped up in myself and feeling ashamed and guilty that I've almost lost the sense of happiness and purpose that I'd begun to experience after having stayed sober for four months (prior to the infamous ski trips).

I think sometimes the guilt and shame are good and necessary, because they are real emotions which remind me of what I don't want to feel and experience on a daily basis. I have to temper that realization with not becoming so weighed down that I can't move forward again, and I think that's where I've been the last several weeks.

I have to move forward again. To embrace a sober, fulfilling, purposeful life. I'd begun to love my life and like myself again, and I want to get back to that place and start growing again.

The only way to do that is just do it, so that's what I'm gonna do.

I turn 50 tomorrow. I want the rest of my life to be one I like and can be proud of.

10 comments:

Anonypus said...

I'm rooting for ya!

One day at a time, just be.

Anonymous said...

yes.We all need to keep keeping on and I personally believe it gets a little easier with a little help from our friends and fellowship.
(Since you and I last blogged together I have joined Coda)
Thanks for sharing ..we have missed you.
Happy day before birthday :)

Unknown said...

It will be if you want it to be.
No guilt.
Do the next right thing.

Mary Christine said...

Happy Happy Birthday. 50 is good. And Screw Guilt. It is not productive. We all only have today.

Redhead Gal said...

Sorry to read of your relapse, DG. Been there and bought the Tee shirt...Glad you will be sober again and happy birthday tomorrow.

Alcoholic Brain said...

Screw guilt. I'm glad your here! :o0 Happy birthday!!

lash505 said...

I am with you too your a goddess... Happy b day

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, DG.
Happy, Happy Birthday!
Peace,
Scout

ArahMan7 said...

I stand by you anytime. Enjoy your birthday, DG.

Shadow said...

to feel everything. and then sift it, toss away the bad and keep the good. that's it! easier said than done...