Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day!

Hey, everyone!!!

Well, it's been 57 days since my last post, but who's counting, right?

To update all of you who've kept me in your prayers and may be wondering where the heck I am... I decided to stay in treatment for an additional 28 days. I've had no Internet access until yesterday, when I reupped for an additional 28 days.

I'm now in one of the "Butterfly" houses, which is a halfway house owned by my treatment center. It's absolutely beautiful, with a lagoon-like pool and garden area, and I LOVE it here. My roomates are two of the "younger chicas" I've been in treatment with.

My husband and I are going to start marriage counseling this coming Friday, and I'm really excited about our future. He's been completely supportive of my continuing treatment, and is starting to plan fun things for us to do once I come home. I'll probably transition from this house to one with a little more freedom, and just take it as it comes, one day at a time.

I'm so unbelievably happy! I'm rediscovering who I am, learning to accept and love myself, flaws and all, and am really working on my character defects and core issues. I've also reconnected with my Higher Power, and now really am able to believe that He loves and accepts me and cherishes me right now, as I am. I am ENOUGH. For the first time in my life, I'm really able to say this and more importantly, believe it.

We're having the girls over from the other Butterly house for a 4th of July party, and they've just arrived, so I'm going to sign off for now. More, later...

I love you all. Thanks so much for your comments, your prayers, and your love, support and encouragement. You are and will continue to be a huge part of my recovery.

XOXO (((HUGS)))

21 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Oh Yay! I am so glad to see your post. As you can see, I have continued to think of you, keep you in my prayers, and check your blog. You sound great! Recovery rocks. Happy Independence Day. XXXOOO

Anonymous said...

So happy to finally see you posting again!

Congratulations on your recovery!

jp

Pammie said...

I am SO HAPPY to see your post. It sounds like God is doing wonderful things for you!! Keep that great spirit flowing darlin'!!

Trudging said...

I am so glad that you posted and so glad you are taking care of yourself. Recovery is a great thing. Keep up the good work.

Shadow said...

i've been checking and checking to see what happened to you and lemme tell you, i'm overjoyed things are good for you. good luck!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!
Celebrate your freedom!
Peace,
Scout

ArahMan7 said...

I'm so happy for you. Wish you all the best.

Anonymous said...

I am soi choked up right now. You remind me so much of myself, when I went to Casa, then lived in Sober Living after treatment. How the World was so colorful and living in it, what a gift.

May ou continue on this beautiful path. You sound so reborne, God has tapped you on your shoulder with his Grace and love . . . ok, it was always there but somethimes we being the lost ones fail to embrace this. Not you, not today, not now, you are so ALIVE!

Oh you tickle my soul, thank you.

Love,
SC

Anonymous said...

How ARE you doing?????????????
Peace and LOVE,
Scout

Suicidal_ Exasperation said...

aww I love seeing people who are making it! Add me to your list of blogs... Good luck in your journey...

Anonymous said...

Blessings to you!

GOOOOOD ol Rockytop... rockytop tennesseeeeee! said...

Wow, good for you DG!!! Glad to hear you are doing so well!

Jonathan

Redhead Gal said...

I am so glad things are going well for you, Designer Girl! I look forward to your next post.

ArahMan7 said...

Hi DG. Whenever you're free, please drop by my blog. I got something for you here. I just hope you gonna like it.

Greeting and lotta loves from Malaysia.

Alcoholic Brain said...

So awesome that you are in treatment!! Good for you! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Hello love, just dropping in to see how it is going. Missing you!

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

hey!!!
I did not know you were still out here and now I see you have not been online for a bit.Okay.I would like to link you - if you don't mind.I hope you and the Bootster are well xo Tab the Cupcake Monkey.

Recovery Road London said...

Just dropping in to say "Hi".

Hi. :-)

x

Unknown said...

Knock, knock....you back?

Gooey Munster said...

Where u at?

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Hi DG-Hope you are healthy and happy today:) Just a note to let you know my blog is opened again after I needed a little reprieve.
I seem to be in an interesting transition in my life..strange feelings but I am not hiding from them anymore so that makes them a good kind of strange..lol
That is my story and I'm sticking to it! Keep in touch anytime :)