Saturday, March 05, 2011

Too Pooped To Post

It's Saturday and I'm pooped. This week has been a whirlwind of activity. Nothing major. Just stuff I'm not used to doing anymore.

On Monday, I cleaned the house from top to bottom, or more precisely, from one end to another. My sister and her family arrived late that evening and left in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday. Fun, but tiring. I cooked, cooked and cooked some more. My sis was a lot of help, but I had zero alone time while they were here, and I need an hour or two in the day just to reflect, refresh and recuperate.

On Thursday, my pastor called me to ask me to prepare a meal for a couple in our small group who have just been blessed with the arrival of their first baby.

So I shopped and cooked and baked and froze.  And cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom, including removing the knobs on the stove and scouring the stove top and wiping the floor down again.

And I'm exhausted. Wiped out. Pooped.

I used to be SOOOO Martha Stewart. Not anymore. Wonder where that went, and when??

Now it's Saturday and I just want to sleep, catch up on Cupcake Wars and Criminal Minds and sleep some more.

And, I ask you, Martha: What's wrong with that?

1 comment:

JeremyRT said...

I say there's nothing wrong with that!

I know what you mean by alone time, it is such a gift!