Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Not Lovin' It

I am in a bog of quicksand, known as Resume Hell, and sinking fast.

I have to find a job. My hubby is constantly stressed out because of all the debt we've amassed, and eventually, we want to buy a house.

Plus, he's going to be traveling a lot with his job come spring.

So, I need to start working again, both for financial reasons and to put some structure into my everyday life.

I have no problem with that part.

I know I can DO almost any job that interests me or I'm qualified for.

It's GETTING the job, or actually getting the interview that's tough.

I've been trying to update and rewrite this durn thing for 3 days now.

Which format to go with?

Functional? Chronological? Hybrid?

*SIGH*

For almost my entire adult life, any time I've wanted or needed a job, I've gotten that initial intro through word of mouth, a friend of a friend -- that sort of thing.

So, this is really hard. I have to present myself and my history and my accomplishments in a way that will make someone want to consider an almost-54 year old woman for a job.

Who would want ME? I'm too old, I don't have the right experience, and I've never really accomplished anything of significance in my entire life.

I'm a washed-up loser, a hack, a has-been.

Maybe McDonald's is hiring.

1 comment:

JeremyRT said...

Start by looking at the things you have accomplished and grow from there.

The right job is out that & waiting for you to grab it!