Saturday, July 14, 2018

A Tale of Two Cities (And the Chaos In Between)



We bought a house. 4 months ago. We are supposed to be moving. Should already be moved. Rented a Penske truck and took a huge load over the second weekend after we closed. Nothing since.

I'm still here in Winter Haven, while my husband stays in the new house 2 hours away in Vero Beach during the week, and commutes back here on the weekends.

This is no way to live.

We're now paying rent here, rent on 3 storage units (one hundreds of miles away in Oxford MS) and mortgage payments.

I don't have a job.

There are complications. Roy thought he'd get to a place in his new job where he could take a week off. That's not happening. And, he's taking on a consulting job in addition.

We have a Mama cat with 3 babies living on our back patio. Roy wants me to find homes for all of them.






To pack more than I have already means living without essential items. I've already had to buy a new casserole dish and Tupperware bowls because the perfectly good ones I own are somewhere in boxes.

I can't do this by myself and I am overwhelmed and paralyzed. I start trying to sort through my craft/junk room every week and end up distracting myself and making wreaths.





Then, to make things that much worse, I realize I'm going to need something for my new craft room, or those wreath supplies just went on sale, and I need to restock, and I buy even more stuff. To pack up and move.


What is wrong with me? Y'all know, this is not a good place for a normal person to be, much less an alcoholic. I just want it to go away. I want it to be over already. I want a normal, sane life. I want to be productive and motivated.

Feeling like this makes me want to numb out, and that's where it gets really scary. If I had pills, I'd probably be popping them. So, good thing I don't.

And it's a good thing that God still shows up. Every day.


2 comments:

Dave said...

Wow!! What a trial and I am sure a strain on your relationship with your hubby.
don’t you have any friends you could ask to help? Hope it changes quick for you.
My sponsor moved to Vero beach 2 years ago. Quit going to meetings and has
quit communicating with me so I don’t have good feelings about there. Good luck Pam
Keep praying🙏

Pam Jarnagin said...

Thanks Dave! Our lease runs out the end of September, so we HAVE to have it done by then. I'm hoping he'll see theeeth no way to do it ourselves and agree to hire movers. I can pack everything. It's the physical part of transporting, loading, and unloading that we need to hire someone to do IMO.