Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Tuesday Thankfulness

Today, I'm thankful for:

  1. The lady who I've asked to consider becoming my sponsor asked me to call her and wants me to go with her to a meeting tonight. She has 20+ years of sobriety, and is a truly beautiful person, inside and out. I am SO psyched!!

  2. There's a meeting to go to tonight.

  3. The meeting last night.

  4. That there's enough to do before the meeting, that I won't get bored or depressed. AND that there's no alcohol in the house, even if I did get bored or depressed!

  5. My husband's support in this.

  6. The support here among sobriety/recovery bloggers. You ALL rock!!!

  7. The AA Big Book. Wow!

  8. New beginnings.

  9. First steps.

  10. HP.

4 comments:

Trudging said...

Nice list!

dAAve said...

Great stuff!
No matter how bored or how depressed you may get, drinking won't help it. It will only make it worse PLUS having to deal with the other things that will go with relapsing again.

sincerelysober said...

I'm proud of you Designer Girl. You're hitting more meetings than I am and should. I'm keeping myself busy, but not with anything A.A. related. I look forward to my weekly home group meeting tonight.

Sounds like you've got an experienced sponsor. Just remember, honor rhymes with sponsor. Be humble, respectful, and do all she asks. Some of her experience may rub off and help another in the future.

BTW, I love your Weblog. It's a refreshingly sexy change from the God fearing sober blogs I've been experiencing. I'm surprised I hadn't come across it in the past. I'm glad you came upon mine.



--
Without Wax,

SincerelySober.blogspot.com
An honest, live, interactive self-portrayal of one man's quest of recovery

Unknown said...

I believe it you that ROCKS!