Thursday, October 19, 2006

40 Days

Today is Day 40 for me.

I'm still sober, and I'm very grateful.

Grateful that I'm still sober. Grateful that I have friends here in the virtual rooms, as well as in the physical rooms of AA that I visit. Grateful that you have been where I am and you know it gets better. Grateful I can remember how it was 41 days ago, and that even if this sucks right now, it's better than that ever was. Grateful that my Higher Power is God and that he cares when I get depressed, overwhelmed, and lost in my own head. Grateful that I can pray and that prayer works. Grateful that many of you REMIND me to pray. Grateful that a few of you know when I need my butt kicked, and aren't afraid to do it.

I'm okay. Today, I'm okay.

Yesterday, I could see clearly that if I didn't confess out loud what I was feeling to another person, and more particularly, to another alcoholic, I was heading down a path that would inevitably lead to my picking up that first drink.

So I did. Confess it out loud, I mean.

First, to my husband (a shameless normie). Then, to the women at the meeting I attend on Wednesday evenings. Then, today, to my sponsor when I called her this afternoon. And, finally, to my home group at this evening's meeting.

I'm at peace again.

Thank you for the atta girls and get reals. I need ALL of you. I love ALL of you.

You ALL rock my world.

8 comments:

JJ said...

You rock too !
I see you,
JJ

Unknown said...

Keep on rockin' Wonder Woman...
:)

Trudging said...

Do you feel like Noah? Congrats, keep it up.

Pam Jarnagin said...

LOL! More like Job or Jonah, Trudge.

Anonymous said...

You're doing great, Designer Girl! My mantra during that tough phase of my recovery was: "Do the next right thing, no matter how I feel." Do the next right thing, do the next right thing ... and somehow, it kept me away from a drink and I got through the rough spot. I felt better! You can do it too, girl. Keep it up!

dAAve said...

Your progress is a true inspiration not only to me, but I am sure to many others as well.
Thanks for staying sober and thanks for writing to us about your experiences.

Meg Moran said...

you're more than ok...you're an inspiration accross the miles...thanks for the share.

Carly said...

You're doing great.
{{{HUGS}}}