Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hi, I'm an Alcoholic and Addict and My Name is Pam

But you can call me PJ (my IRL initials, and a moniker given to me by someone I met while in treatment, so I like it).

Designer Girl is still here. She's part of who I am, but she's not all of me. She doesn't define me. I am enough, just as I am. Just plain and simple Pam or PJ.

I've been trying some different meetings and found one I LOVE that meets on Sunday evenings. It's a Big Book study, which is something I need on my meeting schedule, and is very small, comfortable and laid back, but serious about sobriety and recovery. I plan to make it a permanent addition, at least for now.

I'm still doing outpatient treatment once a week, plus therapy and spiritual care, and am working with my sponsor here now. We're going to do my 5th Step together, even though I'd already done it with my sponsor in Palm Beach Gardens, and I'm excited about her getting to know me better, and my being able to receive her insight, wisdom and experience, too.

My life is very good, and I am so grateful for it. I love what sobriety is bringing to me, and I never want to lose that.

8 comments:

Shadow said...

excellent! you are doing everything the right way...

dAAve said...

Wow!
You can't possibly be the same person I was reading just a few months ago.
Your progress is amazing and reading your post this evening has made my day. Thanks!!

Scott W said...

I have to agree. I hear something here totally different. Another miracle comes to life!

Recovery Road London said...

Hi PJ. My name is Kenny. I'm an alcoholic, too. How 'bout that?

Have a good week, hon.

x

Mary Christine said...

It is so wonderful to have you reveal your name. Hello PJ! It has made my heart happy to read this post.

nickycakes said...

I feel like your blog would be a valuable resource for other people in recovery at my recovery blog list. Please take a moment and sign up if you would like to take part @ http://www.odatonline.com/bloglist.

Also I've designed a cool sobriety time counter that you can add to your blog here: http://www.odatonline.com/sobriety-counter.

Thanks and have a great day!

Anonymous said...

You sound awesome. I'm so happy for you.

Thushara said...

Congratulations, P.J....!Now you are in the right way. Thanks for the reveal about your self.So others can imitate you.

........

Thushara

Alcohol abuse affects millions. This site has a lot of useful information. http://www.alcoholabusecenter.com